Thursday, January 1, 2009

I slept my way into 2009....

hopefully the year will be a little more exciting than my entrance into it. I was in bed by 11. Pathetic I know. My kids were w/my father and I was invited to my friends party which I know was probably awesome because she and her hubby are the best hosts I know. But I didn't even ask my main squeeze if I could go solo; he had to be up at 3am to go to work so he couldn't go. I knew he would be all upset if I took off, so I just crashed. We got home from my dad's around 10pm, I showered and then felt sick. Fun fun. I hit the sheets around 10:45 and snoozed into 2009. I feel old and boring. I had friends calling me from the party wondering why I wasn't there. But it's cool, I spent the evening being tortured by fireworks for my kids sake ( I hate fireworks) and then spent the night home.....safe. So it wasn't all bad. I'm lucky enough to be alive and without a hangover this morning. That's a plus. Had I gone to the party I would for sure be hungover today....no doubt.

No comments: